Integrated Progressions – and Java

Home Forums Server Discussion Integrated Progressions – and Java

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Danny 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pete
    Participant

Hi there.

Not sure where to post this, but thought I’d start on this forum. I’ve downloaded integrated progressions and can’t get it to run using MultiMC. It crashes with an out-of-memory error but I’m wondering if it’s because I’m using the wrong version of Java. Does anyone know what version I should be using?

CUrrently I’m on a laptop running version 8, update 161.

Danny
    Keymaster

Hi Pete,
    You need to allocate more memory to Minecraft. This pack is going to require at least 4GB or more.
    By the way, make sure you also grab the config, scripts and local folders and the options.txt file from the pack. Without them, it won’t be the same experience.
    Let me know how it goes.

Pete
    Participant

Hi Danny.

Still haven’t got this to work properly. I’ve got 8GB of ram so it should work.

It looks like my version of Java is fine for this version. I started a new, clean version of minecraft 12.1 and used MultiMC to install Integrated Progressions.

The first few times it wouldn’t run – tons of runtime errors. I unloaded some of the mods and eventually got it to run – sort of. 🙁 Frame rate of 1 or 2 FPS so it was essentially unplayable.

FYI, MultiMC grabs everything in the zip file, including all the configuration files, scripts, etc and does its best to run it but I’m no expert at this so I might be doing something wrong. I have a (very long) log of my last session and I’ll run it again tonight if anyone is interested I could publish it. If I do that, where would I publish it? Here? Curses? Let me know.

I’m just wondering if this pack won’t run simply because of the massive number of mods! I’ve never seen so many mods in one place. Wow.

Anyway, thanks for answering. I won’t be able to get to this until later tonight.

/Grav

Danny
    Keymaster

The Minecraft version should be 1.12.2 with forge version 14.23.2.2611. It’s not enough to have 8 GB of RAM. You have to make sure that 4-6 GB of RAM are specifically allocated to Minecraft. In MultiMC, you’ll need to go into the instance settings and set the memory. By default MultiMC sets the max to 1024 MB which isn’t nearly enough. Try setting the minimum to 1024 MB and the max to 6144 MB.
    This modpack is small to medium sized by today’s standards, but it’s still fairly demanding. So, your frame rate won’t be great if you don’t have a newer machine with a decent video card. But you should be able to get way better than 1-2 fps if java has enough memory.

Pete
    Participant

Hi and thank you!

I configured MultiMC to use the amount of memory that you suggest and reset Forge to that version as well and it’s working, with all mods in place! Framerates are averaging about 70 now. Nice.

My laptop can handle the load most of the time but it runs hot with all fans on full all the time. I’m going to tweak my minecraft setup as much as possible but it’s working now which is the main thing!

Thank you. Mod pack looks great. Chopping trees is a pain in the butt though without a mod like Treecapitator. I find myself thinking that I’ll have to add a mod to do that. 🙂

Danny
    Keymaster

The pack has a few treecapitator-like items, such as the lumber axe from Tinkers. I’d recommend that you work toward that if you want to stick with the balance of the pack. Treecapitator would kind of throw off the balance, and balance is really what this pack is all about.

Pete
    Participant

OK, thanks.

I’ll do that. I like the pack so far. So many options but not sure where to start. I’ll have to dig around a bit … is there a guide of sorts to help direct newbies like myself?

I’ve followed your excellent series on Botania so i’ll definitely incorporate some of it’s goodness … and with so many mods to pick from I expect my journey to be a fun-filled one.

I’ll keep recommending your channel to others – I think you should have tons more subscribers.

Pete

Danny
    Keymaster

There is a guide, and you are supposed to spawn with it, but there’s a bug in the current version preventing that from working. I’ll have it fixed in the next version. In the meantime, you can craft it. Just type @rtfm in JEI.

Generally, I would start with Tinkers Construct to get some nice tools for resource gathering. Then move on to either Actually Additions or Thermal Expansion to start automating ore processing and doubling ores. After that, you’ll probably find other paths you want to take. If you watch my Modded 1.12.2 series, I play a lot of the same mods there, so you could follow a similar progression. The recipes in this pack will be different though.

Thanks! I wouldn’t mind having a few more subscriber. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.